DELRAY BEACH, FL (November 2010) -- Delray Medical Center is pleased to introduce the da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System to its operating room and to its community. This is a significant arrival because of the value it offers the hospital’s surgical staff and those in the region its serves.
The da Vinci® Si™ has several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency in the operating room, many of which translate to patient benefits. Here are a few features of the da Vinci® Si™:
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
Together, these technological advancements provide our surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures. Commenting on the introduction of the da Vinci Si System, Delray Medical Center Chief Executive Officer, Mark Bryan said, “We believe that the new features of the da Vinci Si System will help us provide the best possible outcomes and is proof of our commitment to provide our community access to some of the latest advancements in minimally invasive surgery.”
da Vinci’s advanced level of technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. This acquisition compliments Delray Medical Center’s goal of extending minimally invasive surgery to the broadest possible base of patients. It can be used for a multitude of procedures, including, but not limited to: prostatectomy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, coronary artery bypass, mitral valve repair and colorectal surgery.