Dr. Jeff Newman Named Chairman of the Delray Medical Center Governing BoardMar 17, 2022
Delray Beach, FL – Dr. Jeff Newman, medical director of cardiothoracic surgery at Delray Medical Center, is appointed Chairman of the hospital’s Governing Board for the 2022-2023 calendar year.
Dr. Newman has been on the medical staff at Delray Medical Center for over 25 years. He earned his medical degree from New York Medical College in Valhalla, New York. He then did his internship and residency at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York in general surgery. Dr. Newman completed his Fellowship at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey in Thoracic Surgery. His focus is on adult cardiac surgery, along with expertise in traditional coronary and valve surgery. He also focuses on mini-mitral valve surgery and mini-aortic valve surgery. Additionally, he is proficient at using the da Vinci robotic system for lung cancer surgery, and is intimately involved in trans-catheter aortic and mitral valve procedures completed at Delray Medical Center.
“We are pleased to have a physician of Dr. Newman’s caliber as the Chairman of our Governing Board at Delray Medical Center,” said Maggie Gill, chief executive officer for the Palm Beach Health Network and Delray Medical Center. “His insight and expertise, along with our other board members, will help us further advance our mission of delivering the highest quality care with compassion.”
Other members of the governing board include:
- Dr. Louis Tumminia – President of the Medical Staff – Dr. Tumminia practices internal medicine and is the Chief of Staff at Delray Medical. He is a graduate of Florida Atlantic University and received his medical degree at Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Dr. Tim Williams – Board Member – Dr. Williams is a radiation oncologist and the medical director of the South Florida Proton Therapy Institute on the campus of Delray Medical Center. A graduate of Georgia Tech University, Dr. Williams has been practicing in the South Florida area for over 30 years.
- Larry Edelson – Board Member – Mr. Edelson is currently an independent healthcare consultant. Edelson was President and CEO of American Diabetes Wholesale, an online direct to consumer diabetic supply company.
- Lori Vinikoor – Board Member – Ms. Vinikoor serves as the president of the Delray Alliance. She is a retired podiatrist, and did her medical training at New York College of Podiatric Medicine.
- Chief Richard “Rick” Morris – Board Member – Chief Morris is Deputy Police Chief of the West Palm Beach Police Department. Chief Morris has over 40 years of law enforcement leadership experience, and serves as an instructor for the Department of Homeland Security, DOJ and Department of Treasury.
- Mayor Shelly Petrolia – Board Member – Mayor Petrolia, serves as the Mayor of Delray Beach, and has been involved with the city since 2013 when she served as a city commissioner. She is only the second woman to be elected mayor in the history of Delray Beach. Mayor Petrolia holds a bachelor’s in science from Florida State University with a double major in Finance and Risk Management/Insurance.