Neurocritical care is medical care for critically ill neurological and neurosurgical patients, including stroke, brain hemorrhage, trauma and tumors. These patients require close and constant watch. At Delray Medical Center, we have a specially trained team and critical care unit to provide our patients with the care needed to recover.
Our Neuro Intensive Care Unit (ICU) was designed specifically to address the clinical needs of our critically ill neurological and neurosurgical patients and improve their outcomes. Our Neuro ICU is equipped with advanced invasive monitoring and treatment techniques- both mechanical and pharmacological therapies.
Neuro Intensive Care Monitoring Techniques
- Intracranial Pressure Monitoring
- Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- Continuous Electroencephalographic (EEG) Monitoring
- Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Jugular Venous Oxygen Saturation Monitoring
Neuro-Intensive Care Treatment Techniques
- Endovascular Coils (LINK TO ENDOVASCULAR TREATMENT)
- Cerebral Angioplasty (LINK TO ENDOVASCULAR TREATMENT)
- Ventricular Drainage
- Hypertensive Hypervolemic Hemodilution
- Specialized Pharmacotherapies
Who is involved in your care?
At Delray Medical Center we understand our critically ill neurological patients need comprehensive multisystem care. Our Neurocritical Care team is comprised of healthcare professionals who are trained and experienced in both the neurological and medical management of our patients. Our Multidisciplinary Team is led by a board certified critical care Neurologist. Together- our neurosurgeons, medical physicians, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, and Neuroscience Registered Nurses provide comprehensive and continuous bedside care.