Robotic surgery offers a minimally invasive approach to hysterectomy and other procedures such as fibroid removal, endometriosis surgery, endometrial/cervical cancer surgery, and vaginal/uterine prolapse.
For years, the standard approach to hysterectomy has been traditional open gynecological surgery--using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy. Using the da Vinci® robotic surgical system, surgeons at Delray Medical Center can perform hysterectomy through small incisions, using mechanically enhanced micro instruments. Robotic surgery is designed to minimize the pain and risk associated with large incisions while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and excellent clinical outcomes.
Some examples of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery include:
Potential patient benefits may include:
Hysterectomy for benign conditions
- Hysterectomy for early stages of gynecologic cancer
- Myomectomy to remove uterine fibroids
- Sacrocolpopexy to correct vaginal/uterine prolapse
Less need for pain medication
- Less blood loss and fewer transfusions
- Fewer complications
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery and fast return to normal daily activities
- Better clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction in many cases (as compared to open surgery)
For more information or a free physician referral, please call 1-800-897-9789