Non-Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
Ingredients4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
¼ cup 1% milk
2 tbsp light margarine
½ cup + 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork. Place peeled sweet potatoes in gallon zip top plastic bag leaving a small corner open (this creates steam for faster cooking). Microwave until softened, approximately 7-8 minutes. Microwave cooking times will vary.
- Place softened sweet potatoes in a medium glass bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes with milk and margarine. Stir in ½ cup Splenda brown sugar.
- Pour into 13x9” baking dish and smooth sweet potato mixture so that it evenly covers the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with an even layer of chopped pecans and the remaining 1 tbsp. of Splenda brown sugar.
- Place foil over the baking dish. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes with foil on and then 15-20 minutes with foil off.