Notice to Patients
- Services provided in Delray Medical Center will be provided by the hospital, as well as by other health care providers who may separately bill the patient. These other health care providers may or may not participate with the same health insurers or health maintenance organizations as Delray Medical Center. Patients should contact other health care practitioners who will provide services to them in the hospital directly to determine the health insurers and health maintenance organizations that the health care practitioner participates as a network provider or preferred provider. The names, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers of the health care practitioners and medical practice groups with which Delray Medical Center contracts to provide services in the facility are listed here.
American Anesthesiology of South Florida
P.O. Box 535470
Atlanta, GA 30353-5470
Genesis Critical Care Assoc LLC
9980 Central Park Boulevard, Suite 322
Boca Raton, FL 33428
P.O. Box 1547
Indianapolis, IN 46206-1547
Albert Cohen, Billing Services
P. O. Box 20269
West Palm Beach, FL 33416-0269
Team Health Service Center
P.O. Box 740022
Cincinnati, OH 45274-0022
- Patients may request from Delray Medical Center and other health care providers treating them a personalized estimate of charges and other information. To request an estimate of the hospital’s charges, please contact our Patient Access Department at 561-495-3373. To request an estimate of another health care provider’s charges you should contact that health care provider’s office directly.
If you don’t have insurance coverage, Delray Medical Center will provide you with financial counseling, including assistance applying for state and federal health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and for available coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Uninsured patients who do not qualify for any state or federal health care program, and who qualify as financially indigent in accordance with Tenet’s Financial Assistance for Uninsured Patients policy, will receive a charity care discount. View the policy.
- Uninsured patients who do not qualify for any state or federal health care program, and who do not qualify for a charity care discount may be eligible for financial assistance either under Tenet’s Compact with Uninsured Patients. View the policy, or Tenet’s Cash Pay Rate Policy.
- Delray Medical Center will offer uninsured patients payment plans to assist in settling past due outstanding hospital bills. In addition, Delray Medical Center will not charge interest under such extended payment plans.
- Delray Medical Center will not, in dealing with patients who qualify for charity care, place or foreclose liens on primary residences as a means of collecting unpaid hospital bills. Delray Medical Center will not use body attachment to require that uninsured patients or a responsible party appear in court.
- The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) launched Florida Health Price Finder, a new health care transparency tool for consumers. The new website allows consumers and caregivers to look up the average amounts paid by Florida insurance plans for a specific service, giving them a better estimate of their total out-of-pocket expenses. The average amounts paid by insurance plans are based on billions of lines of claims data from three Florida health plans. Claims data from additional health plans are expected to be added to the database in 2018.
- The website lists the services as “care bundles”. A care bundle includes the steps and procedures that are part of a typical treatment plan for that specific care bundle. For example, the care bundle for Knee Replacement includes an office visit with a specialist, surgery, outpatient physical therapy/rehabilitation and follow-up visits.
- Since 2007, Floridians have been able to use FloridaHealthFinder.gov to look up undiscounted hospital charges, however, this is rarely the amount that individuals or insurance companies are expected to pay. Now, with this new tool, and in conjunction with working with their respective insurance plans, Floridians have the opportunity to get a much better estimate of out-of-pocket costs for specific services.